Tuesday, September 15, 2009

challenges

I am not going to lie to you. It is a supreme challenge getting my younger children to eat healthy. So many distractions. This summer since papi was home we ate out too much and then we went to the fair. OMG I couldn't believe what was being fried all around me. Fried frog legs, fried twinkies, fried oreos, deep fried coke, chocolate covered bacon....
I thought I was going to die! Not because I ate it. I was a good girl. For linner I ate cornbread, beans and garlic fries.
Until we were on our way out of the fair. One half hour before the fair was about to close, hubby yelled FUNNEL CAKE!!!!!!!! That did me in. I had a sundae funnel cake and ate the whole thing. Now for those who do not know I have thyroid disease. I have to take this special little pill everyday for the rest of my life. My metabolism is almost nil. I get tired and sluggish very easily. Normal peeps feel energized after a good workout. I, on the other hand, am ready for a nap. Like 2-3 hours long. Also I am lactose intolerant. Eating or drinking any dairy makes me bloated and sick to the stomach sometimes for days.
So.
Ice cream and cheese is my weakness.
I have no control over myself when I am near these 2 foods.
I had a funnel cake sundae.

See full size image
I suck!

No comments:

Popular Posts