Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Winning!

A couple of months ago I entered a contest on Commercial Mommy's, mother of Yara Shahidi and Sayeed Shahidi, website.  All I had to do was read her website (which I did.  Invaluable lessons there) and answer a few questions.  I was praying for a miracle.  Living in a one income family and the one income coming from a teacher is not so easy.  And having children with BIG dreams is very hard.

I am not a photographer.  I try to capture the essence of the subject but with a small samsung camera, and absolutely no idea what I'm doing, you do what you can with what you have.  With the pictures I took at home they girls did book a couple of student films and one feature film. They are gaining hands-on experience, for which, we are grateful for.
But this?




This was the awesomest gift we were able to experience.
Afshin Shahidi has been a photographer for over 20 years.  When you see his amazing photos on his website, take deep breaths.

No comments:

Popular Posts