Thursday, September 17, 2009

Horrible Mom Right Here

Yesterday we spent the day at Disneyland and I was feeling especially generous. Blame it on getting to the park before it opened. Blame it on my kids reciting the rules without any prompting.
We went on the Grizzly River Run. For those who have never been on the ride it is a very wet ride where you ride on a raft with approximately 6-7 other people and go up and down the trecherous river. Ok man-made river but in all it's Disney glory, it is a phenomenal ride.
I let the kids talk me into letting them ride THREE TIMES!!!!!!!!!!
While on the ride you pass a bridge where some people take pictures of the beautiful waterfall and get drenched when one of the rafters pass by. My kids thought it was cool and wanted to hang there,
Now here is the horrible mom part. I left them wearing their wet socks and sneakers for the remainder of the night until the littlest one told me that her feet felt a little weird when I realized that 1. I forgot that they would be drenched and 2. I forgot to pack their sandals just in case something like this would happen.
I wish I wasn't so tired that I would have remembered to take a picture of their feet. It looks like how your feet would look like after sitting in a bucket of water for too many hours. Pale pasty white, wrinkly and it stunk! Not that you would tell the last part with a picture. I am not,by far, a Disney Imagineer.
Fast forward to this morning. They look a bit better but according to one of the Princesses 'it feels like I walking on metal. except I am not walking'.

No comments:

Popular Posts