Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm Just Sayin'.......

It isn't easy preparing meals and cooking meals daily. Whether you are a SAHM or work outside of your home or have no kids at home or too many kids you can do it. It takes a bit of planning and shopping ahead of time to make it all come together. A really good idea is planning your meals one week at a time. I bought this really cute magnetic pad that has one side the days of the week where you write each dish per day and on the other side the shopping list. I picked one up at Michaels and there are 30 sheets per pad. That's 30 weeks! Take that shopping list and buy everything you need. I like to buy in bulk so diced tomatoes, tomato paste, commonly used seasonings, etc. I buy at Smart and Final. It is just like Costco except it is smaller, no membership fees, and they only sell things you use in your kitchen and cleaning supplies. So you are not tempted by all the extra stuff you don't REALLY need. The rest of my shopping list I go to Whole Foods. It isn't really all that expensive. I do not buy name brands unless I have no choice. Sticking to their brand is the way to go. They also sell some veggies already diced and minced for you which, let's be honest, when you are busy and don't want to spend alot of time in the kitchen, saves alot of time. For example, I picked up chunks of butternut squash for dinner to be used today. Easy and convenient and although it is cheating, you are still saving money in the long run because you are not eating out. Lots of the veggies you can prepare on the weekends and keep refrigerated and when you are ready to begin dinner you just take out of the refrigerator and are almost done! You can also make sauces over the weekend and refrigerate or freeze until you need it.
At the end, you will have yummy meals for you and your family. It doesn't have to be difficult. Just delicious.

No comments:

Popular Posts