Saturday, June 25, 2011

Burdensome Children

Summer means more library times for movies and all the other fun activities for children. Our local library has legos for the young ones, magicians and arts and crafts for the older kids.

What can ruin everything besides the city cutting library budget are moms who feel that the library is the drop-off station for the 3-9 year olds. I am only going to speak out for these young ones right now because they can't really speak for themselves. In the past two weeks I have seen things I shouldn't see and these kids should not experience.  I'm talking about the moms who want to leave their lil ones alone in the children's room or computer center so that they can "go downstairs and read" or gossip with their friends.
Several months ago I witnessed a little girl (maybe 7 years old) who was crying for her mommy because she was gone.  No where to be seen.  I let the girl use my phone so that she can call her mother.  Her mother came back in less than 2 minutes with the phone in her ear.  She looked upset and spewed some words I did not understand and grabbed her daughter by the arm and towards the stairs.
WTBH?!?!?!
Um,
Sorry for interrupting your phone conversation!
School is out and now you have no clue as what to do with your child?  So you want to dump them wherever you can so that you can have some peace and quiet reading or talking on your phone?
WOW
Maybe I just don't understand......
This summer we will be enjoying our pool, traveling in-state (staycation), enjoying our city and library activities and experimenting in the kitchen with the kids.

No comments:

Popular Posts