Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Soup. Yes. Yes, please.

The other day going up and down the aisle of  Big Lots and was surprised to see such a great selection of food!  I found Bob's Red Mill Vegi Soup Mix for......$3.50!  
Servings per container is 7.  $3.50 for a meal for a family of 4 and then some!  
Freezing the leftovers is a definitely plus for this mom.  You can add your meat or faux meat or more vegetables but honestly there is no need.  It already has 21 grams of protein.  Ingredients are: green split peas, yellow split peas, barley, lentils and vegetable pasta.  
Before I leave to take my chickadee to gymnastics, I'm going to pop some ingredients into the bread machine and by the time I get home I can just relax and eat and get the kids ready for bed.  
No rushing around trying to figure out what I am going to feed the family.


1 1/2 Basic Egg Bread


1 cup milk (I'm using soy unsweetened milk)
1 egg (I'm using ener-g egg replacer)
1 tablespoon butter (Earth Balance has been my favorite for the past few months)
3 cups bread flour (or whatever flour you have.  just check the packaging)
2 tablespoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon active dry yeast or bread machine yeast


follow the manufacturer's directions.  


I can almost smell the yumminess!





No comments:

Popular Posts