Monday, October 26, 2009

taking responsibility

is something I am having a hard time dealing with. No not me directly. One of my kids, God bless her, is getting on my nerves. Example 1: The portable pencil sharpener fell and all the shavings came out of the small compartment...
Me: Girl, you know you better pick every bit of those shavings up. I just vacuumed!
Her: But, Ma, it's not my fault!
Me: Really? didn't you just have it in your hands?
Her: Yeah but she broke it!
Me: Really? When did it break?
Her: Two months ago.
Me: But it just fell out of YOUR hands. Regardless of whether it was broken or not. It fell out of YOUR hands. Should someone who broke it 2 MONTHS ago be held responsible for something you did TODAY?
Her: I think she should be the one picking it up. It is hers.
Me: Girl, if you don't pick it up and I'm a gonna......

Yes this is my regular day.

Nevertheless it was picked up.
Nothing to do with food but this is the kinda shit I gotta go through.

Anywho......
I went to the store and p/u whole wheat tortillas and avocados. When I get home after gymnastics I am going to put half of the beans I soaked and cooked last night into the food processor and make some 'refried' beans using olive oil. Dice up some tomatoes and onions,smash the avocados and call it dinner.
That is my easiest dinner.

No comments:

Popular Posts